New Updated Model Tilting, Locking, Lights, 2 Bike Carrier
BUZZRACER series offer convenient mounting, user-friendly functions and compact storage. The ratchet cradle is the perfect solution to attach the bike frame. It is also a great solution for carbon frames as it does not apply pressure to the carbon tubes.
The BUZZRACER 2 is very compact and light with a weight of 10.5kg which makes it very easy to carry around, easy to fit and remove, and easy to store.!
Assembly: Even though it is not assembled, BUZZRACER 2 is very easy to put together.
Fitting to the car: When you first place the BUZZRACER 2 on the tow ball it supports itself – you can let go of it and it won’t fall to the ground. You’ll then take the weight again, spin the tightening knob until it’s tight, and lock it.
Tilting: Tilting is easy, and is very well balanced even with a full load. The BUZZRACER 2 sits quite high on the tow ball, and the tilt function is optimised to prevent the lights from hitting the road surface, while still using the weight of the bikes to help bring the bike platform back to the level again in a controlled way.
- The wheel holders will accommodate all wheelbases, even small children’s bikes. You can reverse the wheel supports for the really small bikes.
- The long rubber-padded wheel straps hold tyres up to 3.25” wide; pull on them to tighten, and use the quick release to loosen
- The BUZZRACER 2 is entirely suitable for carbon frame bikes; the rubber-padded bike frame cradles rotate 360 degrees and, again using rubber-padded straps, they hold any type of tube firmly but gently.
- The maximum permitted load is 40kg, with no bike weighing more than 20kg
- Electric bikes up to 20kg may be carried, although the BUZZRACER series is not optimised for e-bikes (see E-Scorpion or E-Hornet for e-bikes); whatever bikes you have, always load the heaviest bikes nearest to the car
- There is a built-in locking cable to secure your bikes; as usual with cable locks, it’s a deterrent only.
Other features and basic specifications
- The patented conical fitting fits to all ISO 50mm tow balls. (Does not fit to adaptable or 'Multi Ball' System).
- Weight: 10.5kg
- The build quality – tube bending, welding, rust proofing, painting, component quality, is exemplary. All tools you might need are provided.
- All parts are replaceable
- Includes anti sway plate
Max number of bikes: 2
Max weight per bike: 20kg
Max load capacity: 40kg
Max tire size: 3.25″
Dimensions (width x depth x height): 88cm x 62cm x 70cm (24cm folded)
Integrated 7 pin lighting board
Lighting board plug type: 7 pin flat plug
Bike carrier to tow ball lock
Bike carrier to bike lock
The maximum permitted load you can carry is also determined by the tow bar nose weight; you will need to check you don’t exceed this before using any tow ball mounted bike carrier.
Requires 65mm clearance from center of tow ball to rear of vehicle.